4131 Sowchea Road, Fort St. James
Approx. Year Built:
Business with Property
Fort St. James General Store on 5 Acres of Land with over $2.2M Annual Revenue
Income generating business! Suspenders General Store and Gas Station was built and established in 1998 with the liquor store added in 2001. Multiple income streams with strong future potential to expand into cannabis sales. The store is located at 4131 Sowchea Road on 5.04 acres of land and is situated in the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako, approximately 6 km southwest of Fort St. James. The store in close proximity to the lake, the river, three provincial campgrounds and a motel with a boat launch.
The main building comprises a general store area (approx. 1,000 sq. feet), liquor sales area (approx. 800 sq. feet), administration office, coolers and storage rooms. The building offers an estimated floor area of 2,564 sq. feet.
West of the main store is a concrete block car wash building with a separate equipment storage room. This 2-bay wand wash operation offers an estimated area of 1,314 sq. feet. A 14’ wide x 64’ long 3 bedroom mobile home is adjacent to the store (896 sq. feet) and is rented monthly.
The store had revenue in excess of $2.2M per year for the year ended December 31, 2018. Over the past two years the corporate charge accounts have grown steadily. Corporate business accounts for approximately 50% of the gas sales.
The current operations of the business include the following:
• Convenience store which includes sales of pop, chips, confectionery, groceries, produce, bakery, dairy, frozen meats, coffee bar and personal care items. The store also sells fireworks, automotive supplies, hardware supplies, camping and fishing supplies, housewares, stationary and camo clothing.
• The store operates a take-out restaurant which is becoming one of the more popular restaurants in the area of Fort St. James. It is known for its frozen yogurts and homemade pizza, however, the entire menu is gaining popularity, as seen by the increase in fast food sales.
• Cigarette, tobacco and lottery sales.
• Liquor sales, including a Rural Liquor License. The liquor store sells beer, hard liquor, liqueurs, wines and coolers and includes a large chill room for beer and coolers.
• Gas sales – two pumps which service regular gas, premium dyed, clear diesel and dyed diesel. There are three above-ground gas storage tanks on the property.
• Propane sales – equipment owned and maintained by Superior Propane but stored and sold through the business.
• U-Haul dealership which is the only one in Fort St. James.
• Extra-large car wash with two bays and an equipment control room.
• Mobile trailer, three bedroom on bathroom with a small attached covered deck which is currently rented for $1,000 per month plus $100 for utilities.
• Catering business which is in a growth stage and is providing an additional revenue stream.